What should I bring to residential treatment?
Bring a week’s worth of comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing. Clothing should not be overly revealing, and shoes should be sturdy and comfortable enough for walks or outings. This should include:
- Shoes and slippers
- Seasonally appropriate and outdoor activity clothes. We encourage you to come prepared with several seasonal clothing options (i.e., umbrella, lightweight jacket, sweater, heavier jacket for winter months, sunglasses, hats, etc.)
Other Personal Items
- A list of names, addresses and phone numbers of those you wish to have involved in your treatment (loved ones, healthcare professionals, etc.).
- Everyday jewelry, such as a wedding ring or watch. Leave valuables at home.
- Your insurance cards and a form of identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.).
- Pictures of your loved ones to keep in your room.
- A 30-day supply of your preferred tobacco product if you use one.
Personal Hygiene and Beauty Products to Pack
All toiletries and beauty products must be alcohol-free. Suggested items to bring include:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair styling products
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream
What can I expect during my assessment?
One of our trained staff members will discuss with you your current needs as it pertains to drug or alcohol recovery. We will discuss treatment options and make recommendations.